840 LaPlaisance Road
(near Jones Avenue)
Open to the public
Tuesday through Saturday
how can I donate?
free donation pick up
- Donated* items must be on ground level.
- If outside, items must be clean and dry. (Unfortunately, items left out in rain or snow cannot be accepted.)
- No need to be home, if you item is outside we will come pick it up and leave you with the donation form.
- Accepted donations are usually picked up within 7 days based on item and location.
donation drop off
- Donations* are accepted Tuesday through Saturday, 10a.m. to 5p.m.
Please visit front desk to determine where to drop off your donation
Staff is available to help unload the item
- The Restore will accept computer systems, monitors, CPUs, printers, keyboards, peripherals, laptops and televisions (no console TVs).
- Donations can be dropped off during normal business hours in the gaylord boxes located on the south side of the building
*Please be aware that materials are accepted at staff discretion. Not all donations are accepted. We cannot accept cloth items with rips, stains, tears, or pet hair.
what can I donate?
- Appliances (cannot be older than 10 yrs)
- Bath tubs, shower enclosures, toilets, vanities
- Carpet, new or gently used, minimum 8’X10’
- Ceiling fans
- Drywall (must be full sheets)
- Electrical supplies and fixtures
- Plumbing supplies
- Flooring materials like ceramic or vinyl tile (unopened boxes only)
- Hardware for doors, cabinets, etc.
- Lighting products, chandeliers, lamps, fixtures
- Lumber/plywood/trim (minimum 8’ lengths)
- Paint, stain (new, unopened cans only)
- Roofing materials, shingles (bundles only – no loose pieces)
- Sinks, new faucets only (If faucet is attached we will accept. However, we cannot accept loose, used faucets)
- Tools, hand tools, garden tools, power tools
- Windows (vinyl and aluminum only – no wood)
- Outdoor furniture, children’s playhouses, playground equipment
items we cannot accept
- Built-in or Double ovens
- Clothing, bedding, towels, dishes, flatware, glasses, knick-knacks
- Mattresses, box springs (unless brand new and in wrap)
- Lift chairs
- Glass (mirrors accepted only in frames)
- Household chemicals
- Opened cans of paint or stain
- Trash compactors
- Appliances older than 10 years
- Loose shingles
- Toys, books, magazines
- Water heaters
- Office cubicles, dividers
- Electronics (cannot be picked up, BUT you can drop off in recycling containers on-site at the ReStore)
Never miss a sale
Like the ReStore on Facebook!
New Year, New Homes, New Hope Survey Challenge!
Habitat Monroe’s New Year, New Homes, New Hope Survey Challenge gives everyone the opportunity to raise $150 without spending a penny!
Welcome Aboard, Erin!
Let’s all give a cheerful welcome to our new Director of Fund Development, Erin Steel!
Is Habitat Homeownership for Me?
How can I become a homeowner? What does it take? Am I qualified?
Have a question?
Get in touch.