Why should a home buyer workshop be the first step in your home buying process?
… Because buying a home is a big deal. Getting the information ahead of time will help you reach your goal with less stress and more success.
Before you do anything else, attend a home buyer class to learn about:
- What does a realtor do and what is their role in the buying process
- Working with a mortgage lender and qualifying for a mortgage loan
- Different types of mortgage products
- Getting a pre-approval
- Finding the best home to fit your needs (and budget)
- How much you can afford to pay for a home
- Saving for a down payment and down payment assistance programs
- Your credit score and how to improve or establish credit
- Mortgage and closing documents
- Budgeting for home ownership
- The purchase agreement/contracts
- The closing
And most importantly – what do you need to do to reach your goal of becoming a home owner
As a certified housing counselor, my job is to help you understand and navigate the home buying process from start to finish.
This class is for you if:
- You are currently renting
- Were a past home owner and want to purchase again
- Are curious about the process
- Not sure if home ownership is right for you
- Want to buy a home as soon as possible
- Want to buy a home but saving for the down payment and other costs is difficult