who can apply and required application documents
This program is open to active, retired, discharged veterans and their spouses
- Must be a Monroe County resident for ramp program
- If employed submit: 1 month most recent paystubs
- Benefit letter for veteran, social security or disability funds, if applicable
Copy of discharge papers and separation document dd214
- Documentation of any additional income (child support, alimony, retirement, pension, etc)
- Copy of current mortgage statement showing mortgage payments are current
Submit proof property taxes are paid current
- For manufactured homes, submit proof that lot rent is paid current
- Annual household income can not exceed 100% ami per hud guidelines
A ramp project is subject to approval by the building inspector & obtaining a proper building permit. Ramp project may take 6 to 8 weeks for completion. Ramp project is subject to the availability of funds.
how to submit your application:
Please fill out the application as completely and accurately as possible.
All information you include on this application will be kept confidential in accordance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Fair Housing, It’s Your Right.
Habitat provides you with coaching and tools necessary to become better prepared for homeownership. For those who do not qualify for the Homeownership Program, due to credit issues, the Habitat HOPE Program is designed to address and clear those issues that prevent you from homeownership.
Have questions about the details of the program? Visit the Qualification page.
We pledge to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Option 2: Apply Online
Scroll down to complete the online application.
Application cannot be saved. Please ensure that you have all the information on hand before completed and that all required documents are saved as PDF’s and ready to upload prior to starting the application. Estimate time to complete the application is 30 minutes.