Volunteer and Social Media Coordinator Job Description
Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County, an affiliate of Habitat International, is a nonprofit Christian ministry that builds homes utilizing volunteers with and for low to moderate-income individuals and families in Monroe County and has been in existence since 1995, presently working on the 106th house in the county. Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit salary and compensation requirements with cover letter and full resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or faxes. Position will remain open until filled.
Volunteer and Social Media Coordinator
Part-Time (20-26 hours/week)
Reports to: Director of Fundraising and Media Relations
Position starts immediately.
The Volunteer and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program including:
- Recruitment, processing, education, retention, recognition, and coordination of all Habitat volunteers including (construction, events, and the ReStore).
- Planning volunteer events as needed.
- Develop a program for volunteer recruitment and retention specifically during the winter months (November – March).
- Recruiting groups for “Team Habitat” which increases fundraising by incorporating a financial donation with a group volunteer day.
- Partner with community organizations (schools, clubs, churches and organizations) to plan and coordinate Habitat volunteer projects and ReStore donations.
- Promote safety coordination for worksites.
- Establish regular uses and advancements in Social Media for volunteers and resource development (Affiliate and ReStore). Platforms include: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, blogs, google, and new options in the future.
- Oversee operations of the online volunteer calendar and database entry into affiliate database, Salesforce.
- Communicate with all departments to determine their needs for outreach, which includes social media marketing, email marketing, and event promotion.
- Oversee the Americorps representative, ensuring their tasks are completed and their requirement for hours is met.
- Coordinate and attend outreach events (in-person when it is safe to do so) that could include representing Habitat at various community events & preparing and distributing informational material.
Above all, the Manager must be empowering to the widest community, entrepreneurial in the planning of events, and be able to communicate well to the public.
Other qualities for good performance of this position include:
- Desire to build relationships.
- Successful networking abilities within the community.
- Ability to efficiently speak in public to promote Habitat’s mission whether this be at community events, churches, town meetings, on the build site, & more.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assignments, and deadlines concurrently and flexibly.
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms.
- Database management experience.
- Availability on many Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings, with an ability to be flexible during the week. Be prepared for volunteer construction work days on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. This is generally not a Mon-Fri 9-5 job.
- Efficient in PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, email, and general internet usage. Experience with WordPress platforms and basic graphic design including Canva is preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive throughout the county (mileage paid).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to attend training out of town occasionally.
- Willing to study and understand the philosophy of Habitat International. See www.habitat.org and www.habitatmonroemi.org.
- Able to attend community functions as job time.
- College degree preferred.
- Have job experience that reflects competency and abilities.
Qualified applicants are considered for the position without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, qualified disability, and ancestry or veteran status. We are committed to a Diverse Workforce and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.