This notice serves as an update about the measures Habitat Monroe is taking to protect our staff, volunteers, customers, and people we service considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following changes to operation effective immediately and until further notice:
VOLUNTEERS – our job sites are temporarily closed to all volunteer groups and individuals.
HABITAT OFFICE – please call the office at 734-243-2048 to discuss inquiries over the phone or make special arrangements for an in-person meeting.
RESTORE – The ReStore is closed. ReStore pickups will continue but will be limited to product that is staged outside or in the garage area. We will not enter any donor homes at this time.
HABITAT HOPE – no in office meetings are being scheduled. New and existing clients are advised to call the office at 734-243-2048 for further instruction or to arrange a phone appointment.
We know that these are trying times and many families are feeling financial uncertainty. Financial counselor Jeanette is still available for phone appointments to help assist you in foreclosure and homeownership. Appointments can be made with her via phone or email 734-243-2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that things are changing daily, so Habitat HOPE recommends keeping up to date with news and special reports.
Below are some links to some good information to help individuals that are experiencing a financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic:
- Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- COVID-19 and your utility bills, telecommunications service and broadband
- Protect yourself financially from the impact of the coronavirus
- Director Donofrio gives updates on unemployment system and the federal CARES Act Press Event
- How to File for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- How to Set up a MiWAM! Account
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for those who have been denied benefits
- How to Claim Your Weeks of Unemployment Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance Agency Director Steve Gray Question and Answer
- Mental health and grieving
- Homeowners and Renters
- Mental health and grieving
- Personal finance
- Cares-act-mortgage-forbearance-what-you-need-know/ (homeowners and renters)
- Handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer - Prevention
- Prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html (prevention)
Food assistance - MCOP at 734-241-2775
In accordance with the“Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21), our office is closed to the public. The staff is still able to take your calls and emails, please leave a voicemail at 734-243-2048 and we will return your call when we are able. If you have documents to submit, you may use our drop box in the office door. The office will be checked weekly for any information dropped, mailed, or faxed to our office. The ReStore, at 840 LaPlaisance Rd, is currently closed to the public but may be reached at 734-243-1108 if you have questions about donations. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 734-243-2048 or email email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time and may God bless you all.
Please know that we are constantly monitoring the situation and will update our plans as new details emerge. Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this public health crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with our community and world as we face this situation together.