In case you missed it, January’s HOPE Huddle focused on budgeting to meet your financial goals. In that short virtual hour we covered so much information on key steps to creating a budget and some key tips that will help you reach budgeting success. If you missed this Huddle, here are some of the topics we covered:
- How to calculate your income
- How to get a clear understanding of your expenses by tracking what you’re spending on and how much
- What a Cash Flow Budget is
- Budgeting concepts – identifying wants versus needs, understanding how your spending habits and values help you set and reach your budget goals, the concept of Pay Yourself First and how to fit savings into your budget
- Reviewing your credit report and how to pull your free credit report
- How to put together theses steps and concepts into a working budget that will help you meet your obligations and work toward your financial goals
Whether your goal is to buy a home, create an emergency savings, or simply to optimize your income by budgeting, the information provided in the HOPE Huddles and HOPE Housing Counseling Services can give you the tools you need to become financially stronger and confident. If you missed this Huddle, contact Jeanette and schedule an individual session.
The February Huddle will continue with the topic of budgeting. We will discuss how to use your income tax return to jump start your financial goals.
Date: February 23rd Time: 5:30-6:30 pm
Contact Jeanette at email@example.com to register