Construction volunteers are the backbone of Habitat. Without their help, we would not be able to sell our homes at affordable prices. Construction volunteers are out on the job site doing hands-on work.
- We build on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays all year round.
- The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- Volunteers meet the site supervisor at the address of the build and sign in and receive a brief morning orientation and safety talk before getting to work.
- No construction experience is necessary. We have trained professionals to teach you everything you need to know.
- We supply all the tools and materials for the day, including safety glasses and hard hats. You are welcome to bring your own, though, if you'd rather.
- Construction volunteers must be 16 years or older. Those who are 16 or 17 must have parent's permission on a special youth waiver.
Habitat Door Hang
Grab your family and friends to give back to the community through donating your time to Habitat for Humanity. We need motivated volunteers who will help us spread the word about the ReStore and our Habitat Home Ownership Program! We will provide Habitat door hangers for volunteers to place Habitat door hangers on neighborhood doors. You are invited to come pop by the Habitat Monroe ReStore for doughnuts, juice and coffee in the morning then head on out to a designate neighborhood, maybe even your own, to pass out Habitat Door hangers.
Interested in signing up? Please visit http://habitatmonroemi.org/volunteer/signup and sign up today! Questions? Send us a message on FB, call the office at 734-243-2048 or email email@example.com
Your Team Habitat Day is a partnership between Habitat for Humanity and your group or organization, building community and stabilizing neighborhoods…one family at a time!
Team Habitat is especially designed for corporate organizations, community organizations and groups of all kinds to come together for a day of team building. A combination of volunteer hours and financial contributions doubles your group’s impact. By the end of your build day, we hope that your group will be connected with each other and with the community in a truly unique way. The satisfaction that comes from working with your hands, our partner families, and our staff, will leave your group motivated and exhilarated.
With a Team Habitat Day, we anticipate your group will:
- Have a fun, productive day. Through building a home together, your group will learn how to communicate, cooperate and problem-solve to get the job done. Construction provides natural team-building opportunities that encourage communication, team problem-solving, and leadership experiences.
- Experience the joy of giving back to the community. Your group will feel great about directly helping hard-working local families experience the stability of homeownership
- Receive recognition as a Habitat for Humanity of Monroe partner. We will feature your group on our social media pages, create a sign featuring your logo, and you will receive a group picture to proudly display.
Contact us for more information or to schedule your Team Habitat Day. 734-243-2048
The Habitat ReStore helps to fund our building program. With limited staff, they rely on volunteers to help run the store. Volunteers help with:
- Loading and unloading donations and merchandise
- Store maintenance, cleaning and organization
- Setting up displays
- Cashiering and assisting customers
- ReStore volunteers must be 14 years or older. Those under 18 must have parent's permission on a special youth waiver.
Did you know Habitat Monroe builds homes ALL YEAR ROUND???? We are looking for those special volunteers that can help us navigate our winter months. GOOD NEWS THIS YEAR! Habitat has INDOOR WORK! Now for those winter warriors who wish to work outside, dont worry, we have outdoor volunteer work on the construction site too.
You can expect so much this winter when you come to volunteer your time.
- Starbucks of Monroe MI is graciously donating coffee for all our winter warrior build days
- Habitat Monroe shirt
- Monthly drawings for exciting Habitat prizes
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will recieve a $50 Habitat ReStore Monroe gift card
Other Ways to Volunteer
- We are in need of lunch providers May - October. Look at the Habitat Bistro information below. Please let us know if you or your group are interested in preparing and serving a lunch for our volunteers.
- Administrative assistance in the office
- Help to organize and plan events