Interested in Volunteering?
Sign up here at our new volunteer portal! SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator Julia Wells at 734-243-2048 X 102 or email email@example.com
Each year, hundreds of individuals help us make homeownership a reality for local families; so, they will have a decent, safe and affordable place to call home. No other organization in Monroe County engages so many volunteers in this unique way, creating opportunities for the exchange of ideas and the power of caring for neighbors and neighborhoods.
Every volunteer plays a key role in helping us achieve our mission. No experience is necessary. More important is a willingness to learn and work hard, and have fun! Project managers will supervise and train general volunteers on the build site.
Construction volunteers are the backbone of Habitat. Without their help, we would not be able to sell our homes at affordable prices. Construction volunteers are out on the job site doing hands-on work.
- We build on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays all year round.
- The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- Volunteers meet the site supervisor at the address of the build and sign in and receive a brief morning orientation and safety talk before getting to work.
- No construction experience is necessary. We have trained professionals to teach you everything you need to know.
- We supply all the tools and materials for the day, including safety glasses and hard hats. You are welcome to bring your own, though, if you'd rather.
- Construction volunteers must be 16 years or older. Those who are 16 or 17 must have parent's permission on a special youth waiver.
Habitat Door Hang
Grab your family and friends to give back to the community through donating your time to Habitat for Humanity. We need motivated volunteers who will help us spread the word about the ReStore and our Habitat Home Ownership Program! We will provide Habitat door hangers for volunteers to place Habitat door hangers on neighborhood doors. You are invited to come pop by the Habitat Monroe ReStore for doughnuts, juice and coffee in the morning then head on out to a designate neighborhood, maybe even your own, to pass out Habitat Door hangers.
Interested in signing up? Please visit http://habitatmonroemi.org/volunteer/signup and sign up today! Questions? Send us a message on FB, call the office at 734-243-2048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Team Habitat Day is a partnership between Habitat for Humanity and your group or organization, building community and stabilizing neighborhoods…one family at a time!
Team Habitat is especially designed for corporate organizations, community organizations and groups of all kinds to come together for a day of team building. A combination of volunteer hours and financial contributions doubles your group’s impact. By the end of your build day, we hope that your group will be connected with each other and with the community in a truly unique way. The satisfaction that comes from working with your hands, our partner families, and our staff, will leave your group motivated and exhilarated.
With a Team Habitat Day, we anticipate your group will:
- Have a fun, productive day. Through building a home together, your group will learn how to communicate, cooperate and problem-solve to get the job done. Construction provides natural team-building opportunities that encourage communication, team problem-solving, and leadership experiences.
- Experience the joy of giving back to the community. Your group will feel great about directly helping hard-working local families experience the stability of homeownership
- Receive recognition as a Habitat for Humanity of Monroe partner. We will feature your group on our social media pages, create a sign featuring your logo, and you will receive a group picture to proudly display.
Contact us for more information or to schedule your Team Habitat Day. 734-243-2048
Visit our Team Habitat Day page to learn more
The Habitat ReStore helps to fund our building program. With limited staff, they rely on volunteers to help run the store. Volunteers help with:
- Loading and unloading donations and merchandise
- Store maintenance, cleaning and organization
- Setting up displays
- Cashiering and assisting customers
- ReStore volunteers must be 14 years or older. Those under 18 must have parent's permission on a special youth waiver.
Did you know Habitat Monroe builds homes ALL YEAR ROUND???? We are looking for those special volunteers that can help us navigate our winter months. GOOD NEWS THIS YEAR! Habitat has INDOOR WORK! Now for those winter warriors who wish to work outside, dont worry, we have outdoor volunteer work on the construction site too.
You can expect so much this winter when you come to volunteer your time.
- Starbucks of Monroe MI is graciously donating coffee for all our winter warrior build days
- Habitat Monroe shirt
- Monthly drawings for exciting Habitat prizes
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will recieve a $50 Habitat ReStore Monroe gift card
Other Ways to Volunteer
We are in need of lunch providers May - October. Look at the Habitat Bistro information below. Please let us know if you or your group are interested in preparing and serving a lunch for our volunteers.
- Administrative assistance in the office
- Help to organize and plan events
How do I sign up?
Go to habitatmonroemi.galaxydigital.com where you will need to register by creating a user name and password. You are then ready to view and choose available dates and projects.
Do you have opportunities for groups to volunteer?
Yes, our build sites are host to business teams, church groups, youth groups, student organizations and more through our Team Habitat program. To schedule your group, contact us at email@example.com for more information and opportunities.
Do I need construction experience?
No prior construction experience is required. Each of our projects are managed and led by a skilled project manager who will assist you throughout the day.
Is there an age limit to volunteer on site?
Yes, due to safety regulations, individuals under the age of 16 are not permitted on site. Those individuals 16-17 years of age, will need to bring a waiver signed in advance by a parent/guardian, and will have limits in the types of tasks that they are permitted to do. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must complete the youth waiver below before arriving on the build site.
When and how long is a construction volunteer day?
We build on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday all year round. Our build days start at 8:00am and end around 3:30pm. Available dates are listed on the volunteer portal. Only sign-up for those projects that you can fully commit to.
What should I wear?
Wear sturdy, closed toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, be aware that some of the work may be outdoors, so dress appropriately for the weather.
Do I need to bring tools?
No, Habitat will provide all necessary tools, including hard hats, safety glasses, and gloves. However, you are more than welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Please make sure to mark your items with your name so they do not get lost.
What do I do for lunch?
You are responsible for providing your own lunch. You may bring it with you or may visit nearby restaurants if you wish. We break for lunch around 11:30.
What do I do when I arrive on site?
We ask that you arrive promptly and are prepared to begin. After signing in, the project manager will lead you in a brief orientation, and go over safety requirements and the day’s tasks. You can save a few minutes by printing and filling out your waiver ahead of time.
For more information contact Volunteer Coordinator Julia Wells at 734-243-2048 x 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org