Habitat HOPE & MCCC to Host Show Me The Money Day. - DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER THE EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED. CONTACT JEANETTE AT 734-243-2048 x 111 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Each new year we are given the chance to start over, to set goals, and improve our lives. Oftentimes, those new year goals are financial. The holiday season can be a financial set back for those who do not have the right tools and resources to better prepare themselves. Tax season can also leave some feeling overwhelmed and lost without those tools. Let Habitat HOPE help you find your financial way by attending Show Me the Money Day 2019. The Habitat HOPE program is partnering with MSU Extension and Monroe County Community College to bring Show Me the Money Day to our community. Show Me the Money Day is a FREE state-wide interactive financial resource fair that focuses on providing financial resources, tools, and information, as well as community resources and educational opportunities.
Join us on January 31, from 4-7 P.M, at the MCCC La-Z-Boy Center 1555 S Raisinville Rd, Monroe, MI 48161
Highlights of the fair will include:
- Financial workshops every half hour, covering topics such as Student Loan Debt, Qualifying for a Mortgage loan & more
- Resource tables providing information on topics such as childcare options, banking and mortgage products, home-ownership opportunities &; much more
- Information about VITA Free Tax Preparation services, as well as the opportunity to schedule tax appointments
- Certified housing counselors will discuss budgeting & credit concerns
- MCCC representatives will discuss programs, admissions, and financial aid
- Refreshments, raffles, & giveaways, including a special raffle for workshop attendees
Now is the time to start on your path of financial capability. Take advantage of this FREE event where all of the tools and resources you may need will be together in one place, in an educational and fun environment. Contact Jeanette McDonald at 734-243-2048x111 or email@example.com for more information.
SHOW ME THE MONEY DAY RESOURCES
- The Information Center
- Step Forward Michigan
- Molina Health Care
- State Farm Insurance
- Child Care Network
- Monroe Bank and Trust
- Union Home Mortgage
- Social Security Admin.
- Monroe County Community College ( 3 table)
- Red Cross
- MSU Extension
- Williams Insurance Agency
- Disasters and Financial Planning – Red Cross
- Mortgage Loans – Union Home Mortgage
- Budgeting – Habitat HOPE
- Student Loan Debt. – MSU Extention
- VITA program information – VITA
- Insurance products – Williams Insurance Agency
HABITAT HOPE & VITA
Monroe County Community College has partnered with the IRS to provide free Income Tax Assistance for low to moderate income taxpayers who generally earn $55,000 or less. IRS certified MCCC student volunteers will provide basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing for qualified individuals. Appointments are recommended but not required. Please visit www.monroeccc.edu/vita for more information.
Watch below as Jeanette McDonald shares about our Habitat Hope program and our connection with MCCC's Vita program.