Habitat HOPE & MCCC to Host Show Me The Money Day.
Each new year we are given the chance to start over, to set goals, and improve our lives. Oftentimes, those new year goals are financial. The holiday season can be a financial set back for those who do not have the right tools and resources to better prepare themselves. Tax season can also leave some feeling overwhelmed and lost without those tools. Let Habitat HOPE help you find your financial way by attending Show Me the Money Day 2019. The Habitat HOPE program is partnering with MSU Extension and Monroe County Community College to bring Show Me the Money Day to our community. Show Me the Money Day is a FREE state-wide interactive financial resource fair that focuses on providing financial resources, tools, and information, as well as community resources and educational opportunities.
Join us on January 31, from 4-7 P.M, at the MCCC La-Z-Boy Center 1555 S Raisinville Rd, Monroe, MI 48161
Highlights of the fair will include:
- Financial workshops every half hour, covering topics such as Student Loan Debt, Qualifying for a Mortgage loan & more
- Resource tables providing information on topics such as childcare options, banking and mortgage products, home-ownership opportunities &; much more
- Information about VITA Free Tax Preparation services, as well as the opportunity to schedule tax appointments
- Certified housing counselors will discuss budgeting & credit concerns
- MCCC representatives will discuss programs, admissions, and financial aid
- Refreshments, raffles, & giveaways, including a special raffle for workshop attendees
Now is the time to start on your path of financial capability. Take advantage of this FREE event where all of the tools and resources you may need will be together in one place, in an educational and fun environment. Contact Jeanette McDonald at 734-243-2048x111 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.